Stoco Lake (Tweed - Ontario) October morning...
St. Carthagh's Roman Catholic Church built in 1887.
Old railway bridge from the Ontario Quebec Railway, now used for the Trans-Canada Trail. It has some interesting and enjoyable art work on it. The O&Q was founded in 1881, but leased the tracks to CPR in 1884 on a 999 year lease. Note the rivited iron construction.
St.John's United Church. Built about 1892 after a fire destroyed the original church.
Spring time on Stoco Lake.
Tweed Heritage Centre.
G.D. Morton Memorial Bridge, designed by Wm. H Law, engineer in 1898, built by Central Bridge Engineering of Peterborough to cross the Moira River. At that time, it only had to deal with horses and buggies, not 40 ton trucks. This is a through truss bridge.
North America's Smallest Jail House built in 1898. It measures 4.9 m. x 6.1 m. The jail in Rodney Ontario measures 4.5 m. x 5.4 m. but the walls are thicker. Do you count the inside dimensions or the outside ones? Check it out.